Saturday, October 20, 2007

Syawal sudah menjelma..

I was back at the office on Wednesday, 5th of Syawal. It's too short I know. But, hey I gotta do what I gotta do. I need to take leaves in November for my bro's wedding, hence the short Raya vacation. 4 days of raya and 2 days of fasting at home wasn't that bad after all. I didn't get to bake cookies, but my modified-from-the-original-recipe cheesecake and yummy layered cake (kek lapis) were 'sold-out' within a day. I'm so proud! I will need to bake 2 kek lapis in the future since there will be requests from the 'other end' as well ;). Nothing feels better than seeing your loved ones loving what you bake.

A friend of mine sent this Aidilfitri wish which says something like this: "Do celebrate Hari Raya for what it truly is, not what people are expecting from you". I think it's a good reminder, everybody should be reminded of what Hari Raya truly is. Sometimes we get too carried away with what should we serve during the day, what should we wear, or how much money should we give out? Kids all over are excited because it's the day they will be getting ang pows. But do they know the real meaning of Hari Raya? I'm not sure if they are really sincere when asking for forgiveness from their parents. I'm not sure if I really meant it when I said that "I'm sorry". I feel sad in a way, thinking that this means that another year has passed by, and all of us are not getting any younger, including my parents. I think you should be able to figure out what's in my head by now...

Nevertheless, Hari Raya has been awesome. Catching up with friends and relatives is something we must do! and Hari Raya is the best time to do it. Because the 'chefs' will be serving their best food and I just have to eat them. Mak Anjang's nasi dagang, and Abg No's home-made satay were two things that I cant get out of my head. So yummy! I ate them although I was already full. Couldnt resist the temptation. This year I learn how 'bbq-ing' the satay with bamboo's sticks wont do the chicken as good as compared to 'lidi'. so kalau buat satay sendiri pakai lah lidi, lagi sedap daripada pakai buluh yg jual kat kedai tu. haha. whatever lah..i will just eat them. Although it was too short for me and mr MKA, since we both have our reponsibilities as a son and a daughter, I guess we had our moments...together and also with our respective families. and I'm sure we'll be having more Hari Raya memories in the upcoming years. InsyaAllah.

No comments: