Thursday, April 5, 2007

is it the ninja turtle backpack, or is it just my lucky day???

Fifth day in Saigon, fourth day at work..1st time carrying the backpack the SLB frens gave me as a farewell gift...it's so cool seriously..so today we had the HSE workshop...it didnt start very well for me tho..i missed the bus to that Song Be Golf Resort..i was only 5 minutes late and they were all gone! 2 buses..none waited for us! luckily i was with Uya and then I saw Thang with a few more late comers...haha..i was not alone..thank God!

so Thang apparently was late on purpose...he had sm stuff to take care of, so 4 of us waited for him to come back from God-knows-where and then we called a cab. so the cab arrived at the office at 8.45 am..we hopped in, but the driver was busy..seemed like looking for something under the seat...he said something, but of course la tak paham kan....dgr mcm membebel je..then Thang told me..'flat tyre'..hmm so i was like..oookay..oh well...let's go get some food then i told Uya... i was starrrrving..

i ordered a tuna sandwich, i got an egg sandwich instead..from this halal stall at the lorong..anyhow it turned out to be such a delicious sandwich..and an iced coffee..both cost me about RM3-the cheapest meal Ive had so far..others would cost me like RM10...and the coffee...so yummy! whoda, u so need to try the coffee once u got here.....

we arrived at 10 am i think. safely. with some vietnamese language lessons in the cab..kham, mot, ba, hai (0, 1, 2, 3)...haha that's all i know now..ntah betul ntah tidak..i'm so keen to learn the language, but not from sb who seems like he was trying to hit on me...well, the thing is he's not my type..being too obvious turned me off..not-so-bad looking, but i just dont feel like i wanna be nice and flirty with him..hehe..let's be strictly professional la dude..someone already did a good job being flirty but subtle with me...and i kinda like that method better.. :)

i'm getting tired...so let's make it short...so after lunch, which was a good one i think..the chef did an excellent job..ade karipap, buttered shrimps, sotong, sm chewy pandan cake dessert..we headed for the games...the 1st one was tug-of-war...i was never interested in games that need sm level of strength bcause i know how lembik i am...but i tried it anyway...and guess what...my team won the 2nd place...yeehaw! dapat hadiah tu...tak sia2 jatuh..

there were 4 options...tarik tali, fishing, swimming, and golf..so the nx one that i picked was golf. alaa dekat driving range je...main pukul2...my first try wasnt that bad..melambung tinggi la at least..and the competition was just to see who hit the furthest. i wasnt gonna join, but then what the heck..so i signed up, made 3 hits...my best shot was 60 ft...and i'm the winner in the female category...yay! i got a box of grapefruit juice (which they call blood orange), kacang2, and raisins...sth to munch at the boring office...hmmm i miss rohas' 10 types of cookies and coffee..ade nescafe, milo and teh je kat sini :(..

well there goes my day...my department - DVM (Vietnam development) won 2nd best in HSE performance. each of us get USD10...nice isn't it? i'm loving this place so far...shopping, oh i dont wanna start that topic yet..too much to tell...im having a good time so far but sm ppl already warned me on how boring this place is...but i promise myself to have fun as much as i can..as Mark was saying (quoting his grandpa),

"There are always different ways of looking at things..So look at the bright side and enjoy every moments der.. If ade problem.. take it as a challenge.. work on it n the satisfaction of solving it is sooo great..that makes life so beautiful.."

i will live by that quote ;)

Biiiiinx, i really wanna see you and the newly born baby!...but the best i can do now is to kirim the gift through uya...tak beli lagi but i hope i can find sth nice for you and the baby :)

opps...not too short, huh ;)...ok lah, time to brush my teeth, wash my face, and go to bed!!! it's been a great day. and I miss all of you who read this...friends forever!!!

1 comment:

ShopTastic said...

Ahaha! Keep the coffee stories coming. I'm skint so I've been drinking cheap instant coffee these days. Ooo.. there's this pre-packed Kopi Cap Keretapi which is quite yummy. It's only 7 ringgit for a packet of 20 bags. If only it's not sweetened. Take care hun!