Sunday, April 22, 2007

My very first Au dai..


I think the spelling is wrong..anyhow, it's pronounced as 'au yai', vietnamese traditional dress as baju kurung is. bought the material the first week i got here, sent it to a tailor recommended by a friend, and yeay! i got it yesterday. the material, which is vietnamese silk was sold to me at USD5 per meter and then to my surprise, we found another shop who sold it for half of the price! i was devastated, but i learnt my lesson..


lucky it only costs about RM40 to make an au yai..not that much difference with KL's price to make baju kurung, but at least this is a professional tailor. the quality is superb. and au yai is not that the only thing they can make; suits, shirts, pants, anything under the sun, can be customized just for you. i especially love the pants. so yesterday i was happy to walk out with an au yai, 2 pants, and 2 shirts. all for VND560 000 (RM122.50). the material was cheap as well..can get all kinds of them everywhere. pants and suits would cost around RM200+, depending on the material you selected. See, I'm promoting the tailor already. I shd be given some more discounts ;)

No comments: